Social entrepreneurship event, awards set for Friday
What: The first ever “Force for Positive Change” awards ceremony and event, with a slate of national speakers in addition to four Wisconsin-based organizations taking home $25,000.
When: 1 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18.
Where: Discovery Building, 330 N Orchard St,
The “Force for Positive Change” event will showcase social entrepreneurship in for- and nonprofit organizations. Speakers include John and Tashia Morgridge, and representatives from Organic Valley Cooperative, Clif Bar, and Feeding America.
The full agenda includes:
- See Yourself as a Social Innovator, featuring Deanna Singh.
- Social Enterprise: A Nonprofit, a For Profit, Both or Something in Between?
- A Facilitated Discussion with Organic Valley Cooperative, Clif Bar, and Feeding America, moderated by Tom Still of the Wisconsin Tech Council.
- Awards Presentation by John and Tashia Morgridge.
- Strolling Supper with music, food, and a showcase of social enterprises around Wisconsin.
- Music by Willy St. Chamber Players.
The Force for Positive Change Awards was founded by John and Tashia Morgridge, who are funding the inaugural awards, and is being led by WARF in conjunction with the Morgridge Center for Public Service, the Wisconsin Technology Council, the Morgridge Institute for Research, the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, the Wisconsin Campus Compact, StartingBlock Madison, The Water Council, the Social Good Summit and UW–Madison Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship and the UW–Madison School of Human Ecology.