Nominations accepted for Academic Staff Excellence Awards
For the 25th year, the University of Wisconsin–Madison plans to honor the achievements of nine extraordinary members of the academic staff through the Academic Staff Excellence Awards. In addition, the UW System will honor academic staff with its own awards.
Deans, directors, department chairs and members of UW–Madison’s faculty, academic staff and university staff are encouraged to nominate outstanding academic staff candidates for the awards by Monday, Jan. 11, and for the UW System Awards by Wednesday, Dec. 23. All awardees will be recognized at a ceremony this spring and receive a monetary award.
Nominees must have been on campus for a minimum of five years. Award information and nomination guidelines for all awards can be found online. Nomination materials for all awards should be submitted electronically in PDF format. Resubmissions are accepted and encouraged to include updated materials.
Award categories include:
- Chancellor’s Hilldale Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Ann Wallace Career Achievement Award
- Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Research (two awards)
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Service to the University
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Awards for Excellence in Leadership (two awards)
- Robert and Carroll Heideman Award for Excellence in Public Service and Outreach
- Martha Casey Award for Dedicated Service to the University
Awards presented through the UW System (for which UW–Madison staff are eligible) include:
- Academic Staff Regents Award for Excellence-Individual
- Academic Staff Regents Award for Excellence-Program
The UW–Madison awards are made possible in part by the Wisconsin Alumni Association and emeritus academic staff members Martha Casey, Ann Wallace, and Carroll and the late Robert Heideman. The Academic Staff Assembly’s Professional Development and Recognition Committee coordinates the award process with the Office of the Secretary of the Academic Staff.
For questions about the awards, contact Jake Smith at 263-2985 or by email.