#FindUW offers a social-media scavenger hunt for students
UW-Madison has a booming social-media scene, with hundreds of accounts stretching across platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Foursquare. It also has historic buildings, time-honored traditions and a 935-acre campus.
Combine those elements and you have #FindUW, a social-media scavenger hunt for students, running on Friday, Sept. 7.
The event is being coordinated by the Center for the First-Year Experience and Visitor & Information Programs as a way to familiarize new, returning and professional students with campus resources. Some of the clues will emphasize the impact of private gifts, the Wisconsin Idea and service to the state, as well as student services and resources.
The event also provides an introduction to campus social media, which, in recent years, has become a key information source for students and method of communication and customer service between students and campus units.
- Follow @UWMadison, @UWNewStudent and @UWVIP on Twitter and watch #FindUW.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. Sept. 7, there will be a series of clues pointing users to campus locations.
- Find the location, go there and find staff holding Bucky signs. You will receive a chance to be entered in a prize drawing. The more locations you find throughout the contest, the better your chances of winning.
- Check #FindUW and finduw.wisc.edu for bonus clues after 5 p.m. Tweet your responses and you can win additional prizes.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or tweet to @UWMadison.
Users can download Mobile UW for Android or iOS to make it extra easy to navigate campus landmarks.
To see a full schedule of timing for clues, visit http://finduw.wisc.edu/schedule.
– By Alex Kowalsky