Spirit of ADA Torch Relay events schedule
The university will highlight its accomplishments and sponsor several activities next month as part of the Spirit of ADA Torch Relay: Celebrating the Americans with Disabilities Act 10th Anniversary.
The following is a list of dates, times and locations for specific activities:
Kohl Center Open House
Friday, July 7, noon-3 p.m., 601 W. Dayton St.
- Accessibility tours, noon-3 p.m.
- Accessible web pages demonstration, Division of Information Technology, noon-2 p.m. Working display of adaptive computer equipment, Milwaukee Social Security Administration Office, noon-3 p.m.
- Exhibits by Madison-area recreational and service organizations. Participants include Hoofers, Madison School Community Recreation, Mendota Rowing Club, United Foundation for Disabled Archers, Cornucopia, Disabled Women’s Educational Project. Noon-3 p.m.
- Job Fair. Participants include City of Madison Human Resources Department, Dane County, Wisconsin Department of Employment Relations, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Wisconsin Job Service Office. Noon-3 p.m.
- Disability Return to Work Forum, an invitation-only event sponsored by the Madison Social Security Administration Office, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Display on consumer protection issues for people with disabilities, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, noon-3 p.m.
- Informational displays by several federal government agencies, including Natural Resources Conservation Service, Forest Products Lab, Social Security Administration and Department of Transportation, noon-3 p.m.
Accessible parking is available in Lot 88, just west of the Kohl Center on Murray Street.
Gymnasium/Natatorium Adapted Sports and Fitness Open House
July 3, 5 and 6, 10:20-11:55 a.m., 2000 Observatory Drive
Activities include tours of adaptive fitness equipment, the chance to observe an adaptive sport and fitness class, and individual personal exercise consultations for people with disabilities.
Accessible parking is available behind the Gymnasium/Natatorium. From Observatory Drive, turn north on Elm Street, west (left) on Willow Drive and south (left) at the Schuman Shelter.
Sail Free Day With Hoofers
Saturday, July 8, noon-6 p.m., Lake Mendota at Memorial Union, 800 Langdon St.
Free sailing and sailing lessons for people with disabilities, sponsored by Hoofers Sailing Club. Participants must be at least 18 years old. Registration is required at (608) 262-1630; email@example.com. Accessible parking is available in Lot 6 under the Helen C. White Library, 600 N. Park St.