Homecoming events alter downtown traffic patterns
Several street closures will be in effect during Homecoming activities near the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Langdon Street will be closed between Park and Lake streets;
- Park Street will be closed north of Langdon Street;
- Observatory Drive will be closed from Park Street to Charter Street;
- Charter Street will be closed from Observatory Drive to Linden Drive;
- Linden Drive will be closed from Charter Street to Elm Street;
- Elm Street will be closed from Linden Drive to Observatory Drive;
- Observatory Drive will be closed from Elm Street to Walnut Street;
- Walnut Street will be closed from Observatory Drive to Lakeshore path;
- Henry Mall will be closed at Linden Drive;
- Babcock Drive will be closed at Linden Drive; and
- Street access to the Lakeshore residence halls will be closed for the duration of the race.
All streets should re-open by 1 p.m.
The following downtown roads will also be affected on Friday, Oct. 24, for the annual UW–Madison Homecoming Parade (view these closures on the campus map):
- Langdon Street will be closed from 2-7 p.m. for staging.
- The parade route includes the 600 block of Wisconsin Avenue, the 400 block of West Gilman Street, the 600 and 700 blocks of State Street, and the 500 and 600 blocks of Lake Street.
The parade route will be closed from 4:30-7 p.m., or until the parade ends.
Three Madison Metro bus routes will be rerouted for the event. Check the Metro bus schedule for changes. Business deliveries, residents and people with parking permits must show proof to be allowed on closed streets. The UW Homecoming Committee and Madison Police Department have the right to refuse entry to any streets during this time.
For more information about UW Homecoming events, contact the UW Homecoming Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.