Forum on sexual assault set for Tuesday
Dean of Students Lori Berquam is convening a campus forum to discuss issues of sexual assault.
The session is open to all students, faculty and staff and will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10, at 1121 Mosse Humanities, 455 N. Park St.
In light of the recent attention to the issue of sexual assault, Berquam plans to discuss how the entire campus can join together to address the issue and ways that campus response and resources can be improved.
Berquam says she’s most interested in promoting a unified city-campus response to sexual assault, along with dating and domestic violence and stalking.
“I’d like everyone to learn more about our campus resources,” she says. “I also want to hear from you about how we can do better.”
Panelists will include:
- Kevin Helmkamp, associate dean of students
- Ervin Cox, assistant dean of students and director of Student Advocacy and Judicial Affairs
- Carmen Hotvedt, violence prevention specialist and grant/project director of “Community Problems, Community Solutions: Building Capacity to End Violence Against Women at UW–Madison,” University Health Services
- Sol Grosskopf, Associated Students of Madison safety coordinator
- Ally Cruickshank, Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment (PAVE) chair
- Kelly Anderson, director, Rape Crisis Center
- Representatives from the Madison and University police departments.
The Offices of the Dean of Students has a deep commitment to creating a safe and healthy campus community. If you are a victim or interested in more information, contact Student Advocacy and Judicial Affairs office by calling 608-263-5700, e-mail email@example.com or come to 75 Bascom Hall, 500 Lincoln Drive.