Everyone loves a parade: Homecoming 2013
The UW Alumni Band performs before thousands of spectators lining State Street during the 103rd Homecoming Parade.
2013 marked the 103rd year of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Homecoming Parade, this year, presented by Lowe’s. (Photos by Jeff Miller/University Communications.)
The event by the numbers:
- 10,000: Badgers in attendance
- 1,500: Participants in the parade
- 1,000: pounds of candy to be distributed during the parade
- 73: Total groups/distinguished guests/sponsors, including 53 UW organizations
- 40: Number of students on the UW Homecoming Committee
Members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Campus Center were well-repsented at the parade.
Mascot Bucky Badger and members of the UW Spirit Squad cheer before thousands of spectators lining State Street.