Stay SAFE on Halloween by having a transportation plan
SAFE Nighttime Services is preparing for what is often the busiest night of the year for the program: Madison’s Freakfest.
As tens of thousands of guests descend on State Street, the SAFE program encourages UW students to set an example for out-of-towners by following smart safety practices, starting with doing a little safety preparation themselves.
All celebrants are urged to plan for their transportation needs in advance. Please remember that the SAFEwalk and SAFEride cab programs are safety nets; personal safety starts with the individual. Follow these tips to be smart, be SAFE:
• Stay in groups and account for all members at all times.
• Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
• Tell a friend where you’re going and when you’ll be back.
• Don’t be a target; stay in well-lit, well-populated areas.
• Have taxi companies’ phone numbers and fare on hand for rides home.
• Familiarize yourself with the SAFEride nighttime bus services.
• Call SAFE Nighttime Services — at (608) 262-5000 — for assistance if you find yourself alone—no one should be on their own after dark.
SAFE Nighttime Services Weekend hours:
• SAFEwalk: 7 p.m.- 1 a.m.
• SAFEride bus: 6:30 p.m. – 3 a.m.
• SAFEride cab: 10:30 p.m. – 3 a.m.
See www.wisc.edu/trans and click “SAFE Nighttime Services” for service boundaries and bus routes.
Visit http://uwtransservices.wordpress.com for more updates on Transportation Services.
Tags: UW-Madison Police