Nominations accepted for Academic Staff Excellence Awards
For the 22nd year, the University of Wisconsin–Madison plans to honor the achievements of nine extraordinary members of the academic staff through the Academic Staff Excellence Awards. In addition, the UW System will also honor academic staff in five categories.
Interim Chancellor David Ward encourages deans, directors, department chairs and members of UW–Madison’s faculty and academic staff to nominate outstanding candidates by Monday, Jan. 14.
“I strongly urge you to participate in these fine programs by forwarding nominations for those academic staff who exemplify the sustained excellence, outstanding achievement, and creative initiative that characterizes this world-renowned university,” says Ward.
The UW–Madison awards are made possible in part by the Wisconsin Alumni Association and emeritus academic staff members Martha Casey, Ann Wallace, and Carroll and the late Robert Heideman. The Academic Staff Assembly’s Professional Development and Recognition Committee coordinates the award process.
Nomination guidelines and cover pages for all awards (including UW-System and Regents awards) may be found here. Nomination materials should be submitted online (under the heading “Submit Proposal”) in PDF format by Monday, Jan. 14, 2013. The submission deadline is firm; nominations for each separate award require different instructions.
Awards presented through UW–Madison include:
- Chancellor’s Hilldale Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Research (two awards)
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Service to the University
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Awards for Excellence in Leadership (two awards)
- Robert and Carroll Heideman Award for Excellence in Public Service and Outreach
- Martha Casey Award for Dedicated Service to the University
- Ann Wallace Career Achievement Award
Awards presented through the UW System (for which UW–Madison staff are eligible) include:
- Academic Staff Regents Awards (for individual and program excellence)
- Regents Teaching Excellence Awards (for individual faculty and a program or department)
- Alliant Energy Underkofler Award for Excellence in Teaching
UW-Madison’s award recipients will be named in March. Interim Chancellor Ward will present the awards at April’s meeting of the Academic Staff Assembly, as well as recognize the recipients at a reception. UW System award winners will be honored at a Board of Regents meeting.