Biosciences campus before and after BioStar
Proposed campus under BioStar:
These maps show the current biosciences campus and the proposed campus under BioStar. Over roughly 10 years, the building program would proceed as follows:
- The Biotechnology Addition is constructed;
- Old Genetics is vacated and used as swing space;
- employees move from Fred Hall to Old Genetics;
- Fred Hall is demolished and replaced with a new Microbial Sciences building;
- Microbial Sciences is occupied, then Old Biochemistry employees move to Old Genetics;
- the Biochemistry Addition is constructed and occupied;
- Old Genetics is demolished.
Note: The fourth and final BioStar building — Interdisciplinary Sciences — is not shown. Location is still under consideration.