Ideas and discoveries
- Documentary connects multiple sclerosis, Vikings and Nordic skiing Dec. 12, 2013
- UW-Madison rises in best values rankings Dec. 12, 2013
- Reminder: Inclement weather guidelines; new winter parking resouces Dec. 12, 2013
- Initiative reaches out to state residents on climate change Dec. 12, 2013
- Program dedicated to making a difference for minority and women entrepreneurs Dec. 12, 2013
- Poverty influences children’s early brain development Dec. 11, 2013
- Control theorist Barmish challenges need to model financial markets Dec. 10, 2013
- Curb magazine celebrates the legacy, culture and community of Wisconsin Dec. 10, 2013
- More »
UW in the News
- Entomologist Names Wisconsin 'Bug Of The Year' Wisconsin Public Radio News
- Winter Weather, Holidays Pose Risks To Pets Wisconsin Public Radio News
- Susan Boyle among those who find autism diagnosis a relief TODAY.com
- Experience: I discovered a new species up my nose The Guardian
- The next civil rights fight: Gloria Ladson-Billings believes African American students deserve better Isthmus
- More UW schools developing flex programs WISC-TV 3
News for employees
Inside UW-Madison is the university’s new electronic employee newsletter. It is delivered directly to approximately 27,000 employees and campus affiliates every Tuesday and Thursday morning.
Left to right, Wisconsin Badgers Lauren Carlini (1), Courtney Thomas (3), Annemarie Hickey (4), Ellen Chapman (20), and Haleigh Nelson (13) celebrate their final point and 3-0 defeat of the UW-Milwaukee Panthers during the first round of the NCAA volleyball tournament at the Field House on Friday, Dec. 6. The Badgers then swept Cal on Saturday to advance to the Sweet 16, where they will face Florida State in Champaign, Ill. on Friday, Dec. 13.
UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank reads the book, "The Little Red Hen," to children at the School of Human Ecology Preschool Laboratory in Nancy Nicholas Hall on Wednesday, Dec. 4.
Leary, an expert on the foklore and cultures of diverse peoples in Wisconsin, can discuss Wisconsin holiday traditions. UW-Madison has other experts who can discuss holiday-related topics.