Ideas and discoveries
- Tandem Press holds holiday open house Dec. 6, 2013
- UW-Madison participates in UW Flexible Option program Dec. 6, 2013
- Heinz Klug: Reflections on Nelson Mandela's legacy Dec. 6, 2013
- Anthropologist, ‘underground astronaut’ strike fossil gold in South Africa dig Dec. 6, 2013
- Course review process streamlined Dec. 5, 2013
- Campus adopts new alcohol policy for UW events Dec. 5, 2013
- Study reveals gene expression changes with meditation Dec. 4, 2013
- Mad Madison Metals forges creativity Dec. 4, 2013
- More »
UW in the News
- The next civil rights fight: Gloria Ladson-Billings believes African American students deserve better Isthmus
- More UW schools developing flex programs WISC-TV 3
- UW, UWM scramble to ward off suitors for top professors Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Wisconsin Idea: Past and Future WXPR-FM, Rhinelander
- Lodi grad awarded prestigious scholarship; Bulovsky to study politics in London Portage Daily Register
- Upward Bound: Two decades ago Wisconsin Football changed direction Kenosha News
News for employees
Inside UW-Madison is the university’s new electronic employee newsletter. It is delivered directly to approximately 27,000 employees and campus affiliates every Tuesday and Thursday morning.
Left to right, Wisconsin Badgers Lauren Carlini (1), Courtney Thomas (3), Annemarie Hickey (4), Ellen Chapman (20), and Haleigh Nelson (13) celebrate their final point and 3-0 defeat of the UW-Milwaukee Panthers during the first round of the NCAA Volleyball Tournament at the Field House on Friday, Dec. 6. The Badgers advance to take on California in second round on Saturday, Dec. 7 at the Field House.
UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank reads the book, "The Little Red Hen," to children at the School of Human Ecology Preschool Laboratory in Nancy Nicholas Hall on Wednesday, Dec. 4.
O'Brien, an expert on retail industry trends and impact on consumers during the holiday season, can discuss the 2013 pre-holiday shopping season, including some stores being open on Thanksgiving, and tips for buying the gifts that meet your goals.